Santa Caterina of the Dancing Rock, Italy

You may also like...

16 Responses

1. Jackie S. says:

Your oil pastel artwork of Lake Maggiore is beautiful! You’ve inspired me to visit this place in the future. How long did it take for you to complete this artwork? After seeing thousands of photos shared on social media of travel photos, it’s refreshing to see a painted view of a location.

• Namita Kulkarni says:

Thank you so much Jackie! Hope you do visit someday! It took me about a week to complete this painting but those 7 days were spread out over the entire year because I had 4 big trips this year 🙂 So glad you found it refreshing to see a painted view, I definitely want to keep painting 🙂

2. Medha Verma says:

Wow, you painted this? It is beautiful, I am really impressed. I haven’t been to Lake Maggiore so I do not know what it looks like however, if it is anything close to the painting then it must be a gorgeous place to visit!

• Namita Kulkarni says:

Thank you so much Medha! It’s one of the most beautiful places I’ve been to and I’m glad I could capture some of that magic here 🙂

3. Wow that is an insanely beautiful painting! I’m really inspired to visit this place some day in the future, it looks so beautiful! Doesn’t seem like too bad of a place for a guy to live out his life as a hermit 🙂

• Namita Kulkarni says:

Haha yes indeed a pretty great place to get away from the world, isn’t it? Thank you so much for the kind words Erika and yes do visit this place when you’re in or around northern Italy 🙂

4. federica says:

Lovely oil pastel of a pretty location. How many time have you spent there to realize it?

• Namita Kulkarni says:

Thank you Federica! I took a picture on the ferry to this place and some small towns that skirt the lake, and then it took me about a week’s work at home to make the painting. Painting on location would’ve been wonderful but this view was from a rather wobbly ferry 🙂

5. Elizabeth says:

Your painting is beautiful, you are so talented! It’s such a great ida to start a post off with a painting, instead of a photo!

6. Congratulations on a beautiful painting and for returning to painting after 10 years. And thanks for capturing something a little different from Italy than what we normally see.

• Namita Kulkarni says:

Thank you Nicole! Glad to share a lesser known corner of Italy, especially one that I so loved visiting 🙂 So good to return to painting and to this place through it 🙂

7. Shreya Saha says:

Oh wow, you made this painting of Lake Maggiore in such a beautiful way. I am really intrigued by the painting. It is actually lesser known place of Italy but I remember my friend telling me they visited the place from Milan and then headed to Venice. This looks like a dreamland. You paint really well.

8. I really like tge end result and my hat’s off to you for finishing it. I always start paintings but never finish a canvas. If i’m painting walls, lamps or flower pots, it takes long, but i finish them.

9. Daniel says:

What a beautiful painting! I could never paint anything remotely close to that, mostly because I suck at it but really wow. Glad to know you have some other talents apart from writing.